- Can you tell me how much water I need to mix the wallpaper paste?
- Can Smoothover be used on ceilings?
- How do you disguise where a picture rail used to be?
- I don't like my artexed walls & ceilings, I want them to be smooth, - how do I achieve this?
- What is the best way of sticking back loose wallpaper or edges that are curling away from the wall?
How to use Polycell Maximum Strength Wallpaper Adhesive
- Difficulty level two stars difficultylevel
Step by step
- Difficulty leveltwo stars difficultylevel
Follow manufacturer’s instructions when hanging wallpaper.
Cut wallpaper to required length.
Measure out the quantity of cold water (dependent on the type of wallpaper you are hanging – see chart for details).
Sprinkle the sachet contents into the water while stirring briskly for 20 seconds, leave to stand for 2 minutes.
Apply the paste generously in an even layer to the back of the wallpaper using a pasting brush or roller. For best results apply the adhesive from the centre of the wallpaper to the edges. For heavy embossed wallpaper fold pasted side inwards and leave until supple. To prevent edge curl ensure all the edges are adequately pasted. Use a seam roller for a smooth finish.
Wallpaper is now ready to hang. Take care to keep the decorative side of the wallpaper free of paste, wipe off excess adhesive immediately using a clean damp cloth or sponge to prevent staining.
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)