- Are things like brush cleaners really necessary why not just use white spirit?
- How can I prevent a patchy finish after using Multi Purpose Filler?
- How do you disguise where a picture rail used to be?
- What should I do to prepare a wall for painting or wallpapering?
- Can you tell me how much water I need to mix the wallpaper paste?
How to use Polycell Maximum Strength Wallpaper Adhesive
- Difficulty level two stars difficultylevel
Step by step
- Difficulty leveltwo stars difficultylevel
Follow manufacturer’s instructions when hanging wallpaper.
Cut wallpaper to required length.
Measure out the quantity of cold water (dependent on the type of wallpaper you are hanging – see chart for details).
Sprinkle the sachet contents into the water while stirring briskly for 20 seconds, leave to stand for 2 minutes.
Apply the paste generously in an even layer to the back of the wallpaper using a pasting brush or roller. For best results apply the adhesive from the centre of the wallpaper to the edges. For heavy embossed wallpaper fold pasted side inwards and leave until supple. To prevent edge curl ensure all the edges are adequately pasted. Use a seam roller for a smooth finish.
Wallpaper is now ready to hang. Take care to keep the decorative side of the wallpaper free of paste, wipe off excess adhesive immediately using a clean damp cloth or sponge to prevent staining.
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)