- Can Expanding Foam be used around pipes?
- Are things like brush cleaners really necessary why not just use white spirit?
- How can I prevent a patchy finish after using Multi Purpose Filler?
- The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them - how do I make them presentable?
- How do you make repairs when you start to peel off old wallpaper and it takes off the plaster surface as well?
How to use Polycell Finishing Skim
- Difficulty level three stars difficultylevel
Step by step
- Difficulty levelthree stars difficultylevel
Ensure surface and crack are dry and free from loose material.
Touch in nails and screw heads with oil based paint.
Stir to a creamy consistency.
Spread on with a paint brush using upward strokes.
Smooth over using the free spreader moving in an upward curve.
Maintain a firm, even pressure. Don’t worry about small irregularities or ‘tramlines’.
Allow to dry for 2 to 3 hours until the surface appears matt.
Now use the spreader to achieve a flat, smooth finish, rewetting the surface if necessary.
After 3 to 4 hours you can re-wet the surface and rub gently with a damp cloth and use the spreader to remove and finish irregularities for a super-smooth finish.
Allow to dry for 24 hours. Prime before painting, size before papering.
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)