- The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them - how do I make them presentable?
- How do you make repairs when you start to peel off old wallpaper and it takes off the plaster surface as well?
- Can Smoothover be used on ceilings?
- What is the ingredient of your wallpaper pastes?
- What should I do to prepare a wall for painting or wallpapering?
Polycell Ready Mixed Finishing Skim Polyfilla
Polycell Finishing Skim Polyfilla is the easy way to give a beautiful smooth finish to slightly rough or uneven plaster. Ready mixed for ease of use, it will skim up to 3mm thick and adheres strongly to plaster. Simply brush it on and smooth off.
- Gives a smooth finish to slightly rough or uneven plaster.
- Simply brush it on and smooth off.
- Skims up to 3mm thick with strong adhesion.
- ToolsDamp cloth, brush and filling blade.
- Difficulty levelthree stars
- Pack size1L and 2.5L tubs
- Drying timeSurface dry in 3 - 4 hours (depending on conditions)
- Depthupto 3mm
How to apply
- Difficulty levelstarsthree stars difficultylevel
Ensure surface and crack are dry and free from loose material.
Touch in nails and screw heads with oil based paint.
Stir to a creamy consistency.
Spread on with a paint brush using upward strokes.
Smooth over using the free spreader moving in an upward curve.
Maintain a firm, even pressure. Don’t worry about small irregularities or ‘tramlines’.
Allow to dry for 2 to 3 hours until the surface appears matt.
Now use the spreader to achieve a flat, smooth finish, rewetting the surface if necessary.
After 3 to 4 hours you can re-wet the surface and rub gently with a damp cloth and use the spreader to remove and finish irregularities for a super-smooth finish.
Allow to dry for 24 hours. Prime before painting, size before papering.
Tools you need
- Damp cloth
- brush and filling blade.
- PDF, 130.15 KB
Available in the following webshops
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)