Polycell SmoothOver has been formulated to cover over old-fashioned textured surfaces, giving them a smooth finish. It will also cover imperfections and hairline cracks.
Polycell Crack-Free Ceilings
Polycell Crack-Free Ceilings is a great way to restore cracked ceilings to a smooth ‘good as new’ finish. It’s flexible paint formulation uses Polyfilla technology to not only cover cracks but prevent them from reappearing.
- A smooth and flexible paint, that permanently covers cracks and stains.
- One coat formulation that prevents cracks from reappearing.
- Restores cracked ceilings to a smooth ‘as good as new’ finish.
- Available in Matt and Silk finishes
- ToolsRoller, tray and brush
- Difficulty levelone stars
- Pack size2.5L and 5L tubs
- Coverageappr. 6 m²/L
- Drying timeSurface dry in 2 - 3 hours (depending on conditions)
How to apply
- Difficulty levelstarsone stars difficultylevel
- Cover furniture and carpets.
- Ensure that the surface is clean, dry and sound. Seal new, bare and porous surfaces with a suitable plaster sealer.
- Fill any cracks larger than hairline with Polyfilla before applying.
- For best results on smooth ceilings use a short pile (up to 5mm, 3/16).
- Stir before use and transfer to a roller tray for easy roller loading.
- Apply evenly and avoid overspreading.
- Crack-Free Ceilings can be applied by brush - load generously and avoid overspreading.
- Touch in corners, edges and around light fittings with a small brush.
- Surface will be touch dry after 2-3 hours.
- A second coat may be applied once the first coat is fully dry (overnight).
- Remove any splashes immediately before they dry.
- After use replace lid to preserve remaining product. Some local authorities have special facilities for disposing of waste paint. Do not empty into drains or watercourses.
- Remove as much paint as possible from brushes and rollers before washing in warm water.
Tools you need
- tray and brush
Frequently asked questions
Available in the following webshops
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)