- How do you disguise where a picture rail used to be?
- The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them - how do I make them presentable?
- The sealant strip has not bonded - what do I do?
- Are things like brush cleaners really necessary why not just use white spirit?
- Can Smoothover be used on ceilings?
The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them – how do I make them presentable?
The first job is to sand them with a coarse grade of sandpaper to get off the worst of the lumps and bumps, followed by a medium grade sandpaper. Next, the imperfections can be filled with Polycell Wood Flex Polyfilla. Lastly, the filled surfaces should be given a final light sanding with fine grade sandpaper. Wipe clean and paint.