- How do you make repairs when you start to peel off old wallpaper and it takes off the plaster surface as well?
- How do you disguise where a picture rail used to be?
- What should I do to prepare a wall for painting or wallpapering?
- Can you tell me how much water I need to mix the wallpaper paste?
- How can I prevent a patchy finish after using Multi Purpose Filler?
The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them – how do I make them presentable?
The first job is to sand them with a coarse grade of sandpaper to get off the worst of the lumps and bumps, followed by a medium grade sandpaper. Next, the imperfections can be filled with Polycell Wood Flex Polyfilla. Lastly, the filled surfaces should be given a final light sanding with fine grade sandpaper. Wipe clean and paint.