- How do you make repairs when you start to peel off old wallpaper and it takes off the plaster surface as well?
- Can you tell me how much water I need to mix the wallpaper paste?
- How can I prevent a patchy finish after using Multi Purpose Filler?
- What is the best way of sticking back loose wallpaper or edges that are curling away from the wall?
- What should I do to prepare a wall for painting or wallpapering?
How can I prevent a patchy finish after using Multi Purpose Filler?
When using filler it is always good practice to thin down the first coat of emulsion when painting the surface. If this is not done, what tends to happen is the moisture from the paint gets absorbed on the surface – the filler will be more porous than the surrounding wall – undiluted – the paint will dry quickly and you will get a halo effect where the outer edges of the filler will be evident.
We would recommend you rub down the surface and apply another coat but thin down the paint with 20% water – this will seal the surface and give a more uniform finish.