- Can Expanding Foam be used around pipes?
- Can you tell me how much water I need to mix the wallpaper paste?
- What should I do to prepare a wall for painting or wallpapering?
- What is the ingredient of your wallpaper pastes?
- The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them - how do I make them presentable?
How can I prevent a patchy finish after using Multi Purpose Filler?
When using filler it is always good practice to thin down the first coat of emulsion when painting the surface. If this is not done, what tends to happen is the moisture from the paint gets absorbed on the surface – the filler will be more porous than the surrounding wall – undiluted – the paint will dry quickly and you will get a halo effect where the outer edges of the filler will be evident.
We would recommend you rub down the surface and apply another coat but thin down the paint with 20% water – this will seal the surface and give a more uniform finish.