- What is the best way of sticking back loose wallpaper or edges that are curling away from the wall?
- How can I prevent a patchy finish after using Multi Purpose Filler?
- The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them - how do I make them presentable?
- Are things like brush cleaners really necessary why not just use white spirit?
- How do you make repairs when you start to peel off old wallpaper and it takes off the plaster surface as well?
How to use Polycell Polyfilla for Wood General Repairs Tub
- Difficulty level two stars difficultylevel
Step by step
- Difficulty leveltwo stars difficultylevel
Apply the filler and work it well into the damage, using a wet filling knife.
Leave the filler slightly proud for sanding once dried.
For deeper damages, build up in layers of 10mm, letting the product dry in between layers (approx. 2 hours).
Once dry, sand the filler so it is even with the surface and dust off.
If desired, finish with a stain, varnish or paint.
•Note: The filler may stain or varnish differently to the surrounding wood. For best results we recommend matching the colour of the filler as closely to the surface to be filled as possible and filling a small test area first to ensure acceptable appearance. Do not use with wood dye.
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)