- How can I prevent a patchy finish after using Multi Purpose Filler?
- The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them - how do I make them presentable?
- How do you disguise where a picture rail used to be?
- What is the correct ratio for mixing Plaster Repair?
- The sealant strip has not bonded - what do I do?
How to use Polycell Plaster Repair Polyfilla Powder
- Difficulty level two stars difficultylevel
Step by step
- Difficulty leveltwo stars difficultylevel
Ensure surface is dry and free from loose material. Rub down gloss surfaces.
Touch in nails and screw heads with oil based paint and ensure all wiring in insulated.
Add approximately 2-2.5 parts Polyfilla Plaster Repair Easy Mix Powder to 1 part water and mix to a smooth consistency.
Wet the repair area thoroughly to promote good adhesion.
Apply with a filling knife, trowel or float with upward sweeping strokes. Maintain a firm, even pressure.
Do not fill more than 50mm in one application.
Gently smooth off with a clean, wet float, cleaning and wetting as required
Once the surface is firm but before it dries hard, re-wet and polish with a clean float for a smooth finish.
Allow to dry for at least 24 hours (several days for deeper repairs).
Store any unused powder in dry conditions.
Wash hands after use and wash tools in warm water.
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)