- Can Expanding Foam be used around pipes?
- Can you tell me how much water I need to mix the wallpaper paste?
- The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them - how do I make them presentable?
- Why do I still have marks after using 3 in 1 Mould Killer?
- How can I prevent a patchy finish after using Multi Purpose Filler?
How to cover stains and hairline cracks on your ceilings
- Difficulty level one stars difficultylevel
Step by step
- Difficulty levelone stars difficultylevel
- Cover furniture and carpets.
- Ensure that the surface is clean, dry and sound. Seal new, bare and porous surfaces with a suitable plaster sealer.
- Fill any cracks larger than hairline with Polyfilla before applying.
- For best results on smooth ceilings use a short pile (up to 5mm, 3/16).
- Stir before use and transfer to a roller tray for easy roller loading.
- Apply evenly and avoid overspreading.
- Crack-Free Ceilings can be applied by brush - load generously and avoid overspreading.
- Touch in corners, edges and around light fittings with a small brush.
- Surface will be touch dry after 2-3 hours.
- A second coat may be applied once the first coat is fully dry (overnight).
- Remove any splashes immediately before they dry.
- After use replace lid to preserve remaining product. Some local authorities have special facilities for disposing of waste paint. Do not empty into drains or watercourses.
- Remove as much paint as possible from brushes and rollers before washing in warm water.
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)