- What should I do to prepare a wall for painting or wallpapering?
- How can I prevent a patchy finish after using Multi Purpose Filler?
- I don't like my artexed walls & ceilings, I want them to be smooth, - how do I achieve this?
- The sealant strip has not bonded - what do I do?
- How do you disguise where a picture rail used to be?
How to use Polycell Textured Ceilings
- Difficulty level one stars difficultylevel
Step by step
- Difficulty levelone stars difficultylevel
Cover furniture and carpets.
Ensure that surface is clean, dry and sound. Seal new, bare and porous surfaces with a suitable plaster sealer.
Fill cracks larger than hairline with Polyfilla.
Use a foam roller for maximum texture or a fibre roller for a finer texture.
Stir before use and transfer to a roller tray for easy roller loading.
Apply a thick even coat to the surface using short criss-cross strokes, until you have covered about 1sq.m
Finish this area by rolling lightly in one direction.
Continue across the 1sq.m at a time.
Touch corners, edges and around light fittings with a small brush, stippling to match the texture.
A second coat may be applied once the first coat is fully dry (overnight).
Remove any splashes immediately before they dry.
After use replace lid to preserve remaining product. Some local authorities have special facilities for disposing of waste paint. Do not empty into drains or watercourses.
Remove as much paint as possible from brushes and rollers before washing in warm soapy water
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)