- Can you tell me how much water I need to mix the wallpaper paste?
- Why do I still have marks after using 3 in 1 Mould Killer?
- What is the correct ratio for mixing Plaster Repair?
- The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them - how do I make them presentable?
- Can Smoothover be used on ceilings?
Polycell Textured Ceilings
Polycell Textured Ceilings is an easy way to achieve a textured finish. It covers minor cracks and blemishes up to hairline and, because it is flexible, they will not reappear. It is white, does not yellow and is easy to apply – the ideal way to restore old ceilings with textured ceiling paint
- An easy way to achieve a matt rippled textured finish.
- Permanently covers cracks and blemishes.
- White finish which does not yellow.
- Available in both Matt finish.
- ToolsRoller and roller tray
- Difficulty levelone stars
- Pack size2.5L / 5L Tub
- Drying timeSurface dry in 2 - 4 hours (depending on conditions)
How to apply
- Difficulty levelstarsone stars difficultylevel
Cover furniture and carpets.
Ensure that surface is clean, dry and sound. Seal new, bare and porous surfaces with a suitable plaster sealer.
Fill cracks larger than hairline with Polyfilla.
Use a foam roller for maximum texture or a fibre roller for a finer texture.
Stir before use and transfer to a roller tray for easy roller loading.
Apply a thick even coat to the surface using short criss-cross strokes, until you have covered about 1sq.m
Finish this area by rolling lightly in one direction.
Continue across the 1sq.m at a time.
Touch corners, edges and around light fittings with a small brush, stippling to match the texture.
A second coat may be applied once the first coat is fully dry (overnight).
Remove any splashes immediately before they dry.
After use replace lid to preserve remaining product. Some local authorities have special facilities for disposing of waste paint. Do not empty into drains or watercourses.
Remove as much paint as possible from brushes and rollers before washing in warm soapy water
Tools you need
- Roller and roller tray
Available in the following webshops
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)