- Are things like brush cleaners really necessary why not just use white spirit?
- What is the best way of sticking back loose wallpaper or edges that are curling away from the wall?
- The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them - how do I make them presentable?
- How do you make repairs when you start to peel off old wallpaper and it takes off the plaster surface as well?
- What should I do to prepare a wall for painting or wallpapering?
Polycell Polyfilla for Wood Large Repairs – Tub
Polycell Polyfilla for Wood Large Repairs is a tough, exterior and interior woodfiller for major wood repairs that can be painted, stained or varnished in under 1 hour. The two-component formulation provides strength and durability and is suitable for filling damage caused by decay and wet rot when used with Polycell Polyfilla for Wood Hardener.
- Convenient 1:1 mixing ratio.
- Easy to sand finish that can be drilled, screwed, planed, carved or filed.
- Ultimate weatherproof performance.
- Quick drying low odour formulation.
- Will not shrink or crack.
- Exterior and interior formulation that flexes with the wood.
- ToolsFilling knife
- Difficulty leveltwo stars
- Pack size2 x 250gm and 2 x 375gm
- ColorNatural / White
- Drying timeCan be painted, stained or varnished in under 1 hour (depending on conditions)
How to apply
- Difficulty levelstarstwo stars difficultylevel
- Remove the inner Tub B from the main Tub A.
- Take an even amount out of each tub and mix the two components well until a uniform colour is formed.
- Do not prepare more filler than can be used in 10 minutes.
- Press and work the filler well into the repair and smooth off with a filling knife.
- After approx. 30 minutes, the filler can be carved or shaped with a modelling knife. After approx. 45 minutes it can be sanded, planed or filed.
- Finish with a paint, stain or varnish. Note: The filler may stain or varnish differently to the surrounding wood. To ensure a satisfactory result we recommend using Natural for staining or varnishing and White for painting. Fill a small test area first to ensure acceptable appearance. Do not use with wood dye.
Tools you need
- Filling knife
Available in the following webshops
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)