- Can Smoothover be used on ceilings?
- Can you tell me how much water I need to mix the wallpaper paste?
- What should I do to prepare a wall for painting or wallpapering?
- Can Expanding Foam be used around pipes?
- How do you make repairs when you start to peel off old wallpaper and it takes off the plaster surface as well?
Polycell One Coat Stain Stop
Polycell Stain Stop is a highly pigmented paint which permanently prevents stains reappearing through paint. It provides one coat coverage over water stains, grease, nicotine, crayons, rust and soot. Suitable for use on plaster, concrete, stone, masonry, plasterboard and wood.
- Permanently prevents existing stains reappearing through paint.
- One coat coverage for water stains, grease, nicotine, crayons, rust and soot.
- Also available in an aerosol for spray application.
- ToolsBrush or roller
- Difficulty levelone stars
- Pack size1L Tin
- Drying timeSurface dry in 2-3 hours
How to apply
- Difficulty levelstarsone stars difficultylevel
- Use before painting or wallpapering.
- When painting it is advisable to wear eye protection.
- Cover furniture and carpets, always keep doors and windows fully open during application and drying.
- Ensure surface is clean, dry and free from loose material.
- When stopping stains caused by water or damp, make sure that the original cause of the problem has been rectified.
- Apply to affected area using brush or roller.
- Allow 2-3 hours for surface to be touch dry, 12 hours before painting or wallpapering.
- For especially stubborn stains, allow Polycell Stain Stop to dry fully, then apply a second coat.
- Remove any accidental spillage with Polycell Brush Cleaner before it dries
- If over painting with gloss or eggshell paints, first prime treated area with water based paint.
- After use, replace lid firmly and clean brush or roller in Polycell Brush Cleaner.
Tools you need
- Brush or roller
Available in the following webshops
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)