- Why do I still have marks after using 3 in 1 Mould Killer?
- What is the best way of sticking back loose wallpaper or edges that are curling away from the wall?
- Can Expanding Foam be used around pipes?
- How do you disguise where a picture rail used to be?
- The skirtings, doorframes & doors have several chipped & flaking coats of paint on them - how do I make them presentable?
Polycell Expanding Foam Polyfilla
Expanding Foam Polyfilla is ideal for filling and sealing awkward gaps, hollows and cavities. It shoots liquid foam deep into cavities, creating a long lasting seal, which insulates against heat, sound and moisture. Suitable for inside or out, it can be easily trimmed and sanded ready to be painted, filled or plastered. Contains a CFC – free propellant.
- Shoots liquid foam deep into cavities, it expands to make a long-lasting seal and insulates against head, sound and moisture.
- Ideal for filling and sealing awkward gaps, hollows and cavities.
- Can be painted over, filled or plastered.
- Tools Gloves, water spray, knife.
- Difficulty levelthree stars
- Pack size300ml, 500ml and 825ml aerosols
How to apply
- Difficulty levelstarsthree stars difficultylevel
- Ensure surfaces are clean and free from grease and loose material. Do not apply in very cold or hot (Below 5 or above 25 degrees) conditions. Ensure good ventilation.
- Cover furniture, carpets and surroundings areas before use.
- Mask off wood and brickwork.
- Moisten surface to help the foam cure and expand, e.g. use a plant spray.
- Remove cap carefully, holding can away from face on a flat horizontal surface.
- Shake can vigorously approx. 20 times to mix contents.
- Select applicator nozzle, dependant on bead size required and carefully screw onto valve, taking care not to activate the valve. Do not over-tighten.
- Hold can upside-down away from face.
- Use applicator nozzle as shown on leaflet inside cap
- Apply light pressure to nozzle to test. Vary pressure to adjust rate of foam.
- Start filling at the lowest point shaking can from time to time during use.
- If using more than one layer of foam, spray lightly with water between layers.
- Do not overfill - the foam will expand 2.5 times the initial volume extruded.
- Foam will be tack free in about 20 minutes. It can be cut, sanded, plastered, or painted after twelve hours and will be fully cured in 12 -24 hours.
- If exposed to sunlight, the foam should be painted or coated.
Tools you need
- water spray
Available in the following webshops
Questions?Call us0333 222 7171
(on working days between 08:15 and 16:45)