Expanding Foam Polyfilla is ideal for filling and sealing awkward gaps, hollows and cavities. It shoots liquid foam deep into cavities, creating a long lasting seal, which insulates against heat, sound and moisture. Suitable for inside or out, it can be easily trimmed and sanded ready to be painted, filled or plastered. Contains a CFC - free propellant.
- Shoots liquid foam deep into cavities, it expands to make a long-lasting seal and insulates against head, sound and moisture.
- Ideal for filling and sealing awkward gaps, hollows and cavities.
- Can be painted over, filled or plastered.
How to use
- Ensure surfaces are clean and free from grease and loose material. Do not apply in very cold or hot (Below 5 or above 25 degrees) conditions. Ensure good ventilation.
- Cover furniture, carpets and surroundings areas before use.
- Mask off wood and brickwork.
- Moisten surface to help the foam cure and expand, e.g. use a plant spray.
- Remove cap carefully, holding can away from face on a flat horizontal surface.
- Shake can vigorously approx. 20 times to mix contents.
- Select applicator nozzle, dependant on bead size required and carefully screw onto valve, taking care not to activate the valve. Do not over-tighten.
- Hold can upside-down away from face.
- Use applicator nozzle as shown on leaflet inside cap
- Apply light pressure to nozzle to test. Vary pressure to adjust rate of foam.
- Start filling at the lowest point shaking can from time to time during use.
- If using more than one layer of foam, spray lightly with water between layers.
- Do not overfill - the foam will expand 2.5 times the initial volume extruded.
- Foam will be tack free in about 20 minutes. It can be cut, sanded, plastered, or painted after twelve hours and will be fully cured in 12 -24 hours.
- If exposed to sunlight, the foam should be painted or coated.
- Tools required
- Gloves, water spray, knife.
- Always store can vertically, in a cool place, on a low shelf to avoid risk of accidental dropping. Store away from frost.
- Available in the following sizes
- 300ml, 500ml and 825ml aerosols
- Fresh foam spillage must be removed immediately with nail varnish remover (Test on a concealed area first). Cured foam can only be removed mechanically, except on skin where it should be allowed to come off naturally.